Nov 26, 2022
The Computer Information Technology (CIT) Department mission is two-fold. CIT prepares its students for good paying, entry level careers as database professionals through the Associate in Science (A.S.) and Certificate Database Programming and Administration Programs. CIT also prepares students to transfer to four-year college Information Technology (IT) Programs through two Associate in Arts (A.A.) Programs: A.A. Computer Information Systems Transfer and A.A. Computer Science Transfer. The Department’s goals are in concert with the College’s goals. Using input from its Industry Advisory Committee and internship course, the department is continually updating and fine tuning its programs of study. Graduates of this concentration may qualify to transfer using benefits of MassTransfer to a four-year state college or University of Massachusetts campus. For current information on eligible programs, see Transfer Options below.
* Milestone Courses should be taken in the order shown. This will help you stay on track and graduate on time.
Total Credits: 15-16
Semester 1 Advising Note
- Students enrolling in this degree program can earn World Studies Emphasis certification simultaneously.
- New degree-seeking students enrolled in 9 credits or more must take a Learning Community Seminar or a Learning Community Cluster within their first year.
- Students taking 9 or more credits should take CIT-113
Total Credits: 15-16
Semester 2 Advising Note
- Meet with an advisor to begin career planning activities.
- Begin exploring transfer options: attend a transfer workshop and the College transfer fair
Total Credits: 16-17
Semester 3 Advising Note
- Continue preparations for transfer: write essays for transfer institution, collect letters of recommendation, apply for transfer.
- Complete a pre-graduation check with an advisor in LifeMap
Total Credits: 19-21
Semester 4 Advising Note
Upon Completion of This Concentration Graduates Will Be Able To:
- Analyze the system needs of an organization.
- Make feasible recommendations for computer solutions that meet those needs.
Graduates of this concentration can transfer to bachelor’s programs at four-year colleges.
- Bridgewater State University
- Fitchburg State University
- Framingham State University
- Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts
- Westfield State University
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
- University of Massachusetts Boston