Nov 26, 2022
This program prepares students for employment and for transfer to four-year colleges and universities. The College has transfer articulation agreements with many of the four-year colleges and universities in the area. The College encourages students to meet with their advisors for additional information. This program makes a concentrated effort to demonstrate how the subject matter relates to the cultures of our diversified student population. The program places emphasis on student participation and creates an interactive forum in which to learn. This option prepares students with a solid foundation of managerial principles and concepts that are standard practice in business. The upper-level management courses focus on the case study approach, allowing students to analyze and solve realistic management problems. The college has transfer articulation agreements with many of the four-year colleges and universities in the area, allowing students to transfer in this option. Students should speak with the Department chair for specific transfer information.
* Milestone Courses should be taken in the order shown. This will help you stay on track and graduate on time.
Total Credits: 15
Semester 1 Advising Note
- New degree-seeking students enrolled in 9 credits or more must take a Learning Community Seminar or a Learning Community Cluster within their first year.
- Explore BHCC Student Activities offered i.e., BHCC’s Entrepreneurship Club.
- Create and follow education plan.
Total Credits: 15-16
Semester 2 Advising Note
- Complete a volunteer activity in an area of interest.
- Learn about Alpha Beta Gamma (Business Honor Society) and Alpha Kappa Mu (General Honor Society).
- Inquire about the Commonwealth Honors Program.
- Meet with an advisor to begin career planning activities
- Begin exploring transfer options: attend a transfer workshop and the College transfer fair
- GenEd -SR Scientific Reasoning Credits: 4
This course meets the General Education requirement for Scientific Reasoning (Formerly Area 5)
Choose one course from Scientific Reasoning Menu
- MAN-112 Organizational Behavior/Design Credits: 3
- BUS-201 Business Law I Credits: 3
- GenEd -CW Creative Work Credits: 3
This course meets the General Education requirement for Creative Work (Formerly Area 6)
- Elective Career Elective Credits: 3
Choose one course from ACC or BUS or FIN or MAN
Total Credits: 16
Semester 3 Advising Note
- Continue preparations for transfer: write essays for transfer institution, collect letters of recommendation, apply for transfer.
- Develop a financial plan for continued education and life after graduation.
- Complete a pre-graduation check with an advisor in LifeMap
Total Credits: 15
Semester 4 Advising Note
- The Management Seminar in this program is a Capstone course and should be taken in the student’s final semester.
- Gather recommendation letters from faculty and staff.
- Apply for Graduation.
- Finalize your resume and upload it to your ePortfolio and LinkedIn website.
Upon Completion of This Concentration Graduates Will Be Able To:
- Apply the concepts needed to direct, plan, organize, and control the operations of a business.
- Demonstrate the necessary leadership skills to mobilize and motivate employees to accomplish business goals.
- Employ effective decision-making techniques in the workplace.
- Utilize human relations techniques when working with individuals or groups to help meet business objectives and resolve conflicts.
This option qualifies graduates to enter the workforce as productive entry-level managers.
Transfer Advising Guides